We are committed to serve Colombo City Consumers even better….
Actions are continuously being taken in CEB – Colombo City to improve its services to consumers. Customer Care Centers (called as E-City) have been established at following locations to serve the customers in an efficient and friendly environment.
- E-City Counter at Chief Engineer – Colombo South Office (show in map)
- E-City Counter at Chief Engineer – Colombo East Office (show in map)
- E-City Counter at Chief Engineer – Colombo West Office (show in map)
- E-City Counter at Chief Engineer – Colombo North Office (show in map)
Some of the recently introduced enhanced services are:
- An appointment for Inspection of premises is given to each applicant at the time of registration for a new service connection.
- The target date for providing the connection will be intimated to the applicant at the time of making the payment for the new service connection. Usually new service connections are provided within 3-5 working days. The exact date will depend on
- Permitted dates by the authorities in charge for excavation of roadways such as Colombo Municipal Council and Road Development Authorit
- Sanctioned dates for such activity by the Police and other relevant defense authorities.
An appointment for Inspection of premises is given to each applicant at the time of registration for a Bulk Supply connection.
- In the case of Bulk Supply connections (i.e. for capacities above 60A, 3 Phase), the date of supply will depend on few other factors apart from those in case of service connections mentioned above. Those are
Note: Applications for Bulk Supplies are registered and processed only by the Electrical Engineer (Bulk Supplies) from the Deputy General Manager (Colombo City)’s office at 4th Floor of Lakshmans Building, 340, RA De Mel Mawatha, Colombo 03.
- Completion of substation kiosk as per specification
- Payment of security deposit
- Customers who call over at E-City for various requirements such as Tariff Changes, Meter Shifting, Meter Testing, Meter Reading Issues etc, are given an appointment for inspection of premises (if applicable) and the exact date or time when their matter will be resolved.
Other services offered at E-City are :
- Accepting electricity bill payments of any CEB customer in the country by cash, cheque or Amex Credit Card.
- Accepting all other payments by Colombo city customers for services such as meter testing fees, payment for new service connections, security deposits etc.
- Verification of electricity bill
- Issuance of electricity account statements and all other required information regarding billing and payments of Colombo city customers.
- Registration for new service connections for Colombo city applicants.
- Registration of and prompt attendance to complaints on disputes in respect of consumer accounts such as meter reading errors, incorrectly assessed bills, tariff issues etc. All possible attempts are made to resolve such issues at E-City at the very first visit itself.
- Registration of and prompt attendance to complaints on frequent power failures, power interruptions, mal functioning street lights etc. Redress assured within specified minimum time duration.
- Provision of useful information such as contacts of recognized electrical technicians, chartered electrical Engineers in Colombo City panel, energy saving techniques in buildings etc.
- Opportunity to refer the electricity related Magazines, Articles etc. to enhance the knowledge of the consumers in the field of electrical power and energy.